Friday, July 01, 2011

Chess Diving

Since chess boxing already exists, just a silly thought:

Chess diving: an underwater game of strategy and high lung capacity.

The basic idea is to play a competitive game of chess underwater, without access to any breathing apparatus. The game follows the standard chess rules as far as game pieces movement goes, the only difference is the time limit: 40 minutes for each player, yet in that time they might have to surface and breathe.

I take here a moment to note that I have deliberately not yet truly spoken about the current situation in Greece. I do not even know whether I will do so, but I will not hold back my stupid ideas from being published on the web, regardless of that.

4 comments:

Stefanos Tsopanos said...

Δεν ξερω για σενα ,αλλα εμεις στην Santa παιζουμε σκακι με σφηνακια.
Κινηση πιονι:1 σφηνακι
Κινηση κομματιου:2 σφηνακια
Κινηση βασιλια (πιανει και ροκε):3

Λογω της αλκοολης ,προσπαθεις με γρηγορες κινησεις να βγεις σε mat ,και να δημιουργησεις τεχνητες σχεδον αυτοματοποιημενες αντιδρασεις για καθε κινηση.
Συχνα χρησιμοποιουμενα αλκοολουχα:
Vodka
Ρουμι

ΠΟΤΕ ΜΑ ΠΟΤΕ ΡΑΚΟΜΕΛΑ

A.Charantonis said...

We should combine the two sports. Drunken Chess Diving.

Specialmuse said...

And then you day happy!

A.Charantonis said...

You might even night happy :p

Ok, I will not joke about mistypes here since you can render me ridiculous way more easily on this matter.

But I see your point. It would need sober judges that know cpr, diving and chess in order to have a match.