Tuesday, February 09, 2010

I want to admire.

I always believed that I wanted to be amazing and have people admire me. I am vain. Intellectually I understand that it helps me not, yet no human functions on intellect.

As I grow I realise that that will not happen. I am unable to admire myself, and thus other will not admire me.

And the floor cracks and I stop admiring everything. Nothing is amazing. Everything becomes bleached, its essence fading.

And alone on this monotonous canvas you dream of admiring.

P.S. this is not about me, it is about someone else.

5 comments:

Devil's Advocate said...

You can admire me!

(I'm pretty sure that's the first thought that pops into any reader's mind...:-P)


It's not that hard to be able to admire things again. You just have to use your brain less...you over-clock it sometimes!

Specialmuse said...

I already know many people who admire you, even if you don't admire yourself. I don't understand what is your goal...after all this time.

A.Charantonis said...

Sorry, this was a comment on some scientists in my laboratory. I should have mentioned it :p

Anonymous said...

Shouldn't use "I" if it's for someone else, unless it's a story.

A.Charantonis said...

Or I should have put a disclaimer... this is not about me... or something.