Saturday, November 05, 2011

The end, part final.

I have been in love with you, on and off for over 7 years. You are amazing. Really. I love the fact you know what you want, I love the fact that you care and profoundly, sincerely want to make a difference, to make things better. But we grew. We grew apart, we grew into different persons, and we still are not over growing. Stasis = death, and this whole thing was stasis. You got bored, you lost your flame, and I got tired of trying to rekindle it, and force you open. Long distance without a clearly defined future cannot work out. Yet I was still in love, but more so with a memory than with a person. I was in a relationship with who you were, not with who you had progressively become. I tried to preserve the memory of when you loved me, for I'd never received a love more powerful. Yet you were no longer in love. Daily I clung to you, then when we first broke for real, tried to attach myself to you again while simultaneously trying to prepare myself for a second break up. That was unfair on my part. Truly. But I really wanted to try. I was really still in love with you. And at the same time I opened my eyes and saw that you were not. And that made me into two persons inhabiting one body. The deluded and scared one, and the concious one. Then we broke again, but I was not ready, once more. I still was in love with you, and you still loved me and tried again under my pressure. Third time was not the charm, though.

Thank you for all your love and support. Thank you for all the times that you hugged me, that you kissed me truly. Thank you for womanning up and doing what I should have done to spare you the emptiness that now lies between us. Thank you for helping me grow up. In most ways you did it well. You helped me, you loved me and I loved you back for this. I want to be there for you if you ever need me. But we are no longer in love, and you do no longer need me. It has been quite some time since you last needed me. I am sorry for some of my actions, but I did them because I could not do anything else. And although I am sad, this time, I am ready. You are free. Have fun, and try to enjoy life to the maximum. You deserve the best, and, since you do not know how to compromise, you will not get something else than what you deserve.

This is the end. But. As they say:

Every end is a new beginning.

No comments: